Looking for a job is an emotional roller coaster, to say the least. From deciding you’re ready to move on to the application and hiring process to waiting out a decision, here’s a look at some of the highs and lows you’ll go through.
1. Excitement – You can’t wait to start the next chapter of your life.
2. Confidence – I’ve got this! Who wouldn’t want to hire me with this fabulous resume?
3. Patience – I bet those recruiters are having meetings about me right now. I’m so relaxed.
4. Panic – Why isn’t anyone calling?!
5. Impatience – Now I’m just getting annoyed. Seriously, what gives?
6. Despair – I’ll never find a job! Why doesn’t anyone like me?
7. Fatigue – Can’t. Look at. Another job board. Need sleep.
8. Hope – Finally, starting to get some call backs. Please don’t let this be some cruel joke.
9. Anxiety – What if I said too much in the job interview? Or not enough? I hope my references say good things. I wonder how long before I hear back?
10. Ecstasy – I got an offer! I never doubted myself for second. Let the new job celebration commence!